What's Happening at Wat Tampa
Click here to learn more about the Buddha Learning Group. The discussion group meets every Sunday in the main Temple between 11:30am and 12:45pm
Come join us in our celebration of the Loy Krathong Festival on Saturday night, November 16. There will be Thai & American music, Thai food, a Beauty Contest, games for the kids, and (of course) launching Krathongs to take away your bad luck/
We will be celebrating the King of Thailand's birthday on December 1, 2013. This celebration will include a formal ceremony.
Click here to learn more about Coming Events. See a list of upcoming holidays and festivals.
The Sunday Market is held every Sunday, come rain or shine, from about 9:30am until 1:00pm. Come join us for great food and a great view.
Wat Tampa holds the Sunday Market every Sunday between approximately 10:30 am and 2:00 pm at the Temple. The market includes a wide variety of Thai food (seasoned to your taste)
Contrary to rumor all Thai food is not super spicy. Most of the food can be seasoned to taste from mild to red hot. The food is authentic Thai prepared by Temple volunteers. The menu includes:
- Grilled pork or chicken on a stick
- Grilled chicken
- "Phat Thai" - vegtable and noodles
- Various chicken curry dishes with vegetables
- Egg rolls (an big favorite of our visitors)
- "Guiteow" - Beef or pork noodle soup
- "Som Dom" - Thai Papaya salad. This can be seasoned as spice or bland as you like.
- Fried bananas, taro root, and sweet potatoes
- A wide variety of Thai deserts
- Thai tea and coffee
- Cold soda and water
You can also purchase your favorite Thai fruit trees and vegetables here.
We ask you to use the recycling bins located throughout the eating area to recycle plastic bottles and cans.