What's Happening at Wat Tampa
Click here to learn more about the Buddha Learning Group. The discussion group meets every Sunday in the main Temple between 11:30am and 12:45pm
Click here to learn more about Coming Events. The list of holidays and festivals for 2015 will be updated when published by Wat Tampa.
The Sunday Market is held every Sunday, come rain or shine, from about 9:30am until 1:00pm. Come join us for great food and a great view.
The dock at the Temple is closed. We will be rebuilding the dock and expect that the dock will not be available for several months.
Wat Tampa holds the Sunday Market every Sunday between approximately 9:30 am and 1:00 pm at the Temple. The market includes a wide variety of Thai food (seasoned to your taste)
Contrary to rumor all Thai food is not super spicy. Most of the food can be seasoned to taste from mild to red hot. The food is authentic Thai prepared by Temple volunteers. The menu includes:
- Grilled pork or chicken on a stick
- Grilled chicken
- "Phat Thai" - vegtable and noodles
- Various chicken curry dishes with vegetables
- Egg rolls (an big favorite of our visitors)
- "Guiteow" - Beef or pork noodle soup
- "Som Dom" - Thai Papaya salad. This can be seasoned as spice or bland as you like.
- Fried bananas, taro root, and sweet potatoes
- A wide variety of Thai deserts
- Thai tea and coffee
- Cold soda and water
You can also purchase your favorite Thai fruit trees and vegetables here.
We ask you to use the recycling bins located throughout the eating area to recycle plastic bottles and cans.